WIN-911 and System Platform use a few of the same DLLs. Due to the way System Platform invokes DLLs, having WIN-911 installed on machines with the Galaxy Repository (GR) or IDE will break various GR and IDE components.
- System Platform 2017 U3 SP1, the IDE cannot be opened.
- System Platform 2020 is not affected.
- System Platform 2020 R2 / P01 / SP1, the InTouch OMI Editor cannot be opened. Opening ArchestrA / Industrial Graphics also generates errors and warnings.
- In Figure 1 below, warnings are generated when opening the IDE.
- When opening the symbol, errors are generated; even though the symbol opens correctly, any modifications can be saved. This issue can impact the Galaxy database.
Figure 1: Errors and Warnings when opening the IDE and an Industrial Graphics.
For SP2017 U3 SP1, a solution is available from Aveva directly.
For SP2020 R2 / P01 / SP1, the workaround to address this issue is to replace a specific DLL file by completing the following steps:
- Close and shutdown all InTouch OMI or IDE.
- Take a backup of the Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.dll from the following folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\ArchestrA\Framework\Bin
- Copy the file mentioned in Step 1 from the following folder
- Paste and overwrite the copy in C:\Program Files (x86)\ArchestrA\Framework\Bin.