Logical Name is missing in iFIX
Initial alarms come in to WIN-911 however any acknowledgement does not register.
Steps to Identify the Issue
1. Turn on DEBUG for the iFIX Runtime WPF Host.
2. Restart iFIX.
3. Trigger a test alarm in iFIX and then acknowledge it from WIN-911 Log Viewer. Look at the Event Viewer and you will see an entry that says:
Received Record text [SCADA] Alarm_Name Alarm Acknowledged by WIN-911/source.
Note: Scada name in screenshot is BEACH01
4. Trigger another test alarm in iFIX but acknowledge it from within iFIX on a REMOTE machine. Look at the Event Viewer and you will see an entry that says:
Received Record text [SCADA2] Alarm_Name Alarm Acknowledged by iFIXnode/User.
Note: Scada name in this screenshot is SCADA1
5. In order for acknowledgements to function in multiple node environments, WIN-911 needs the Logical name to show as the same for both machines, not the local node's name.
The customer will need to contact GE Support for assistance configuring the logical name in iFIX.
Date Format not Synchronized
Initial alarms come in to WIN-911 however any acknowledgement creates a separate alarm entry. The original unacknowledged alarm continues to notify and is not acknowledgeable.
Steps to Identify this Issue
1. Activate a test alarm in iFIX and then acknowledge the alarm. A duplicate alarm entry that is acknowledged is created.
The Date and Time formats must be the same across all iFIX nodes and the WIN-911 machine. Verify the time zone is also set correctly.
1. Open the Region Settings by going to Control Panel -> Clock and Region. The Time Zone can be set by clicking on Set the time and date under Date and Time, and the date formats under Region select Change date, time, or number formats.
2. Change the Short date format to MM/dd/yyyy so that it matches how it appears in WIN-911 Log Viewer. Do this on all iFIX servers and nodes.
3. Restart WIN-911 services and the iFIX located on the same machine. Acknowledgements should work properly now.