1. Launch the Operator Workspace from FactoryTalk View SE
The WIN-911 Operator Workspace can be launched from a FactoryTalk View display to provide a quick way for operators to make changes to the order of notifications and Connection details without leaving the SE Client. This article will guide you through configuring FactoryTalk to launch the utility from a FactoryTalk View Display.
NOTE: This guide assumes the WIN-911 Operator Workspace was previously installed.
- Open your FactoryTalk application in FactoryTalk View Studio and edit the Display you'd like to launch the utility from.
- Go to the Objects menu > Push Button > select Button and draw a new button on your display.
- The Button Properties dialog will appear, select the Action tab and double-click the Release action field which launches the Command Wizard.
- Select the All Commands and Macros folder under Command Categories and double-click AppStart from the list of Commands.
- Click the Browse button and open the Operator Workspace executable.
Operator Workspace Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\WIN-911 Software\Operator Workspace\WIN911.OperatorWorkspace.exe
- Click the Finish button.
- Select the Up Appearance tab and enter a caption for the button.
- Click OK and save your display.
- Launch your SE Client and test the button you created.
To create a support case, you will need either your Customer Care Code or your Serial number. You can create a Case online or contact the product support line: (512) 326-1011.