Create an account with SIP.US
Once an account is established for use, login to the SIP.US customer portal and navigate to SIP Trunking > SIP Trunks:
Click the + to expand the Trunk Registration Information
These username, password, and server fields translate directly into the WIN-911 Voice Gateway settings:
*** WIN-911 Configuration ***
Open WIN-911 Workspace from the Start menu and navigate to Gateways then click the PLUS icon to create a new Gateway and select Voice.
Note: You will always be in edit mode, but MUST click Save Changes if wanting to make any changes.
Voice Gateway Server settings:
Select "SIP/VoIP" button
Make sure the "Registration Required" box is checked,
Enter the Trunk # as the User ID and Registration ID
Enter the password from the SIP.US trunk "show password" field.
Note: the password can be changed by the SIP.US account holder at any time by clicking the "Modify trunk #xxxxxxxxxx" link
Enter "gw1.sip.us" as the Server Address.
To ensure the actual RTP Voice traffic (the speaking on the call) is not lost through NAT at the firewall, it is recommended to use the SIP.US built-in STUN server.
A STUN (Session Traversal of User Datagram Protocol [UDP] Through Network Address Translators [NATs]) server allows NAT clients (i.e. IP Phones behind a firewall) to setup phone calls to a VoIP provider hosted outside of the local network.
The STUN protocol is defined in RFC 3489.
To utilize the STUN server, simply change the NAT type in WIN-911 to STUN and enter "stun.sip.us" in the server field:
Important! - If you have more than 1 IP address assigned to your machine running WIN-911, you MUST change the "Network Adapter" setting to "Specify IP" and enter the IP address that is on the correct network to communicate with the internet.
All other settings can remain default.
Voice Gateway Audio settings:
These settings will be pre-set and most can be adjusted as needed.
- Voice Selection: Microsoft David Desktop (pre-set). Use the drop down to select the text-to-speech engine WIN-911 will use to generate audio during phone calls. Text-to-speech engines vary depending on the Windows operating system.
- Speaking Rate Offset: Allows you to control the speed of the text-to-speech engine.
- Volume: Set the volume level of the text-to-speech engine playback.
- Greeting Message: Custom greeting that will play at the beginning of all phone calls (pre-set, changeable)
- Codec: Auto Select (pre-set, do not change)
- Preview: Click the Play icon to hear the Greeting Message in the selected voice.
Click the Save Changes once all required fields have been filled.
Test SIP Settings
Click on the Test Settings button at the bottom of the Gateway screen.
- Enter a phone number to dial. (Be familiar with your phone number and how to dial, does it require 1+the number? Long distance? SIP.US controls all calls and permissions through their service.)
- Click the Check Mark button and WIN-911 will attempt to place a call. If SIP.US accepts the call, a confirmation dialog will appear.
- Congratulations, you have successfully configured WIN-911 to use SIP.US to make voice calls.
To create a support case, you will need either your Customer Care Code or your Serial number. You can create a Case online or contact the product support line: (512) 326-1011.