Reports provide operational data that is not necessarily associated with alarm conditions. Reports can be dispatched in accordance with a strategy or in response to a query from a remote user.
Reports can be used to:
Note: Not all data sources support Reporting.
1. You will need to import alarms into WIN-911 from the SCADA in order to use reporting.
- If you are using the FactoryTalk Alarms and Events Direct Connect with WIN-911 S/I/A, you will need to set up an OPC DA server and configure your alarms within OPC, in order to import them into WIN-911. Connect WIN-911 to your OPC DA server as a new alarm source node, in addition to the existing FTAE source.
- System Platform does NOT support Reporting because you are unable to import alarms from System Platform into WIN-911.
Press the Import button to import the selected alarms.
Example of InTouch alarms being imported:
2. Navigate to the Reporting module in the WIN-911 Workspace
Press the Add button to create a new Report
Choose a number other than 0 (using 1 for this example)
Choose a name for the report
Optional - Give a description of the report
Click the Add button to add an item to the report
Here you will see a list of all alarms that have been imported or created in WIN-911.
Check the box for each alarm item you would like to see in your report.
Click theOK button to add selected items to the report.
Click the Save button to save the changes made
3. How to request reports
- To request reports, send an email with the subject "REPORT" followed by either the report name or number (e.g. "REPORT 14" or "REPORT Freshwater Tanks").
- You can also limit your request to specific report items (e.g. "REPORT 14 : 1,2,3" would pull first three items of report number 14, or "REPORT XYZ : 1-3,7-9" would pull items 1 through 3 and items 7 through 9 of report whose name is XYZ)
- To request a list of reports, send an email with "LIST REPORTS" as the subject
- To see the report request options at any time, send a message to the SMS modem phone number with the word "help"
Call the phone number that your WIN-911 system uses for inbound/outbound calls. When WIN-911 answers, follow the voice prompts to request reports.
"Please enter your authorization code followed by the pound key"
"For alarm request, press 2"
"For report requests by number, press 3" -> press 3 -> "please enter a report number followed by the pound key"
"For a list of available reports, press 4" -> press 4 -> "please select a report from the following list..." it will then list all reports that are created in WIN-911, enter the number of the report. At the end of the list, it will say "Press * to repeat this list, press 0 to cancel"
- Open the menu and tap "Reports"
- Tap the desired report
- Report values returned