This document will guide you through the steps on how to change the username and/or password for the WIN-911 Runtimes and IIS Application Pools using the Account Change Utility, which is available in versions 4.20.13 and higher.
The utility was created to easily change the Windows user account running the WIN-911 Application Pools and WIN-911 Service Runtimes. You should only use this utility if the password for the account you are using has expired/changed or you need to change the Windows user account.
Note: The WIN-911 Account Change Utility will be installed with WIN-911 4.20.13 and newer. If you have uninstalled the utility, you can reinstall it using the install in the Tools folder of the WIN-911 installation download.
1. From the WIN911_4.20.13 folder navigate to Tools and run the WIN911_ACU.exe.
2. Click Next in the Account Change Utility Setup Menu.
4. The setup will install, click Finish, when prompted by the Setup Menu.
3. Using the Utility
1. Hit the Windows Key to open your Start Menu. From your Windows Start Menu, scroll down to the WIN-911 folder and click the WIN-911 Account Change Utility.
2. Enter in the Account Name and Password you would like to set the Runtime Services and Application Pools for WIN911 to use. Hit Change Account once you have the credentials set. The user account you use must be a local administrator and have the sysadmin role for the SQL instance being used by WIN-911
2A. Click the Browse button to see a list of available local administrator user accounts
Note: The browse function will only show Administrator users.
Note: If the user you attempt to change the account to does not have permissions in the SQL database as Sysadmin you will receive the error message below. You also need to be logged in/running the Utility as a user with Sysadmin for the SQL database.
See the first section of this article for how to add the account to SQL Server: Add account to SQL as sysadmin
3. Once you click Change Account, the process takes time as it will change all of the WIN911 Service Runtimes and all of your WIN911 IIS Application Pools credentials, it may appear that the utility has stopped responding, do not shut the utility down until it has completed. When done the Utility will state the WIN-911 Account Change Completed. Hit Exit, to close the Utility.
4. Contact Support
If you are still experiencing a problem, please submit Support Ticket or contact Product Support at 512-326-1011 x3 or toll free in the US and Canada at 1-800-331-8740 x3