1. Launching Contacts Utility from iFIX
The WIN-911 Contacts Utility can be launched from an iFIX Workspace Picture to provide a quick way for operators to make changes to the order of notifications and Connection details without leaving the iFIX Workspace application. This article will guide you through the configuration.
NOTE: This guide assumes the WIN-911 Contacts Utility was previously installed.
- Open iFIX Workspace in Configure mode and open the picture you'd like to launch the Contacts Utility from.
- Select the Insert ribbon then click Objects/Links > Push Button
- The button will appear in your Picture, move it to an appropriate location and give it a descriptive caption. For example, WIN-911 Contacts Utility
- Right-click the button and click Edit Script
- After clicking Edit Script, the VBA Editor will launch, you should see a Private Sub declared for the button you created.
- Paste the following into the Sub.
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim objShell Set WSHELL = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell") WSHELL.Exec ("C:\Program Files (x86)\WIN-911 Software\Contacts Utility\ContactsUtility.exe") Set objShell = Nothing End Sub
- Save your changes and switch Workspace to Run mode to test your button.