1. Launch the Contacts Utility from FactoryTalk View SE
The WIN-911 Contacts Utility can be launched from a FactoryTalk View display to provide a quick way for operators to make changes to the order of notifications and Connection details without leaving the SE Client. This article will guide you through configuring FactoryTalk to launch the utility from a FactoryTalk View Display.
NOTEThis guide assumes the WIN-911 Contacts Utility was previously installed.
- Open your FactoryTalk application in FactoryTalk View Studio and edit the Display you'd like to launch the utility from.
- Go to the Objects menu > Push Button > select Button and draw a new button on your display.
- The Button Properties dialog will appear, select the Action tab and double-click the Release action field which launches the Command Wizard.
- Select the All Commands and Macros folder under Command Categories and double-click AppStart from the list of Commands.
- Click the Browse button and open the Contacts Utility executable.
Contacts Utility Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\WIN-911 Software\Contacts Utility\ContactsUtility.exe
- Click the Finish button.
- Select the Up Appearance tab and enter a caption for the button.
- Click OK and save your display.
- Launch your SE Client and test the button you created.