This KB Article will guide you through the steps for removing a corrupted CodeMeter license container for WIN-911 Standard, Interactive or Advanced. A corrupted license means the buttons are grayed out to "Activate License" or "Remove License". Normally you would use the buttons to activate or remove the license.
Prior to getting started you will need to know the CodeMeter serial number for the WIN-911 license container. This can be located by opening the CodeMeter Control Center via Windows Start Menu and selecting the license.
1. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeMeter\runtime\bin. Hold the shift key and right-click inside the bin folder and select "Open command prompt window here".
Note: It helps if you right-click in an empty space within the explorer window.
2. In the Command Prompt windows type the following command: cmu32 --delete-cmact-license --serial ####-##### and press enter.
Note: ####-###### is the serial number that we located earlier in CodeMeter Control Center
You will receive this response after pressing enter key and the license container will disappear from CodeMeter Control Center.
Results: You will notice now that our WIN-911 license container is removed.
3. You can add a new CodeMeter container by downloading the attached file at the bottom of this article (WIN-911 2017 Q1.wbb). Save the attached file to your desktop.
4. Drag & drop the WIN-911 2017 Q1.wbb file into the CodeMeter Control Center window.
You now have a new empty WIN-911 license container in the CodeMeter Control Center.
5. You can request to activate the license or request a demo extension. Under the License tab, select the ‘WIN-911’ empty license container on the left-hand side of the screen. DO NOT select the ‘WIN-911 Demo’ container. If you do not have an empty container, there is one provided at the bottom of this article for you to drag and drop into CodeMeter.
6. Click the ‘Activate License’ button to launch the CodeMeter Field Activation ServiceCmFAS Assistant.
7. Click Next and then select the ‘Create license request’ option. Click Next once again.
8. Enter a name and select a file path and click 'Commit' to generate the request file. Please make note of the file location or save the file somewhere that is easy to remember.
9. Click the following link http://www.win911.com/win-911-license to upload the license file from the previous step (*.WibuCmRac). The licensing request will require the following information:
- Serial Number (Find your serial number CLICK HERE)
- End User Contact Information
- Phone Number
- SCADA Type
Please complete all required fields on the WIN-911 licensing form. Once your license is confirmed, WIN-911 Software will promptly issue a license installation file (*.WibuCmRaU) and email it to the address provided. The WIN-911 licensing department is open from 8:00am to 5:00pm CST Monday - Friday.
10. After you complete the request you will receive an email from WIN-911 with the license file. Copy the license file to the WIN-911 machine and launch the CodeMeter Control Center again.
11. Drag and drop the license installation file (*.WibuCmRaU) anywhere on the CodeMeter Control Center window.
12. Status will read ‘License Activated’
13. Delete the ‘WIN-911 Demo’ container by selecting it and clicking 'Remove License'.
14. You should now only have a single 'WIN-911' license container within CodeMeter Control Center.
***** IMPORTANT: To verify proper licensing, reboot the host machine, then check the Event Logger for any WIN-911 related errors. *****
To start a support case, you will need your Maintenance Support number or your CD Tracking number. CLICK HERE to open a new support case or call 1-512-326-1011.