This KB Article will guide you through the steps on how to cleanly uninstall WIN-911 Standard, Interactive, Advanced. This is useful if you are experiencing issues with the WIN-911 SQL Database or if the computer-name was changed, maybe the computer was added to a domain, or the user account name was changed. These symptoms could potentially affect the integrity of WIN-911 and might require a fresh re-installation of WIN-911.
If you prefer to restore from database backup then we suggest to review the instructions on our Knowledgebase on How To Backup and Restore WIN-911 or CLICK HERE.
1. Login to Windows with an administrator account.
2. Run EERemove.exe, this executable is located in the original WIN-911 installation files under the "Tools" folder. If you do not see EERemove.exe in Tools, you may have an older version. Check the "Support" folder
Note: Before proceeding be sure that EERemove.exe removed WIN-911 successfully. If EERemove Utiltiy hangs or stalls, we recommend exiting the EERemove application from Task Manager and try again. If the issue persists, then CLICK HERE to open a new technical support case or contact Product Support at 512-326-1011 x3 or toll-free in the US and Canada at 1-800-331-8740 x3.
3. Open Control Panel > Programs & Features
4. Select "SQL Server 2014 (64 bit) via Control Panel > Programs & Features and click "Uninstall/Change".
5. Click Remove on the SQL Server 2014 Window
6. On the Select Instance Window: Choose "WIN-911" in the drop-down menu for: "Instance to remove features from:" and click Next >
7. On the Select Features: Window - Select WIN-911, which should also highlight Database Engine Services, SQL Server Replication, and Full-Text and Semantic Extractions for Search.
Note: It's is not recommended to select "Shared Features" because this could potentially effect the SCADA installation.
8. On the "Ready to Remove" prompt – click Remove
9. On the Complete Window - click "Close" to close the window.
10. Open Windows File Explorer and browse to "C:\program files\Microsoft SQL Server" folder.
- Then manually delete the "MSSQL12.WIN911" folder
Note: The WIN-911 Enterprise configuration is saved to this folder by default. If you plan on restoring from backup, then we highly recommend to copy & paste this folder to a temp location before deleting this folder.
Congratulations! You have successfully uninstalled WIN-911 Enterprise. You can now safely install a fresh copy of WIN-911 Standard, Interactive or Advanced license.
To start a support case, you will need your Maintenance Support number or your CD Tracking number. CLICK HERE to open a new support case or contact Product Support at 512-326-1011 x3 or toll-free in the US and Canada at 1-800-331-8740 x3.