1. Uninstalling WIN-911
This KB Article will guide you through the steps on how to cleanly uninstall WIN-911 Standard, Interactive, Advanced. This is useful if you are experiencing issues with the WIN-911 SQL Database or if the computer-name was changed, maybe the computer was added to a domain, or the user account name was changed. These symptoms could potentially affect the integrity of WIN-911 and might require a fresh re-installation of WIN-911.
If you prefer to restore from database backup then we suggest to review the instructions on our Knowledgebase on How To Backup and Restore WIN-911.
1. Log in to Windows with an administrator account.
2. Run EERemove.exe, this executable is located in the original WIN-911 installation files under the Tools folder. If you do not see EERemove.exe in Tools, you may have an older version. Check the Support folder.
NOTE: Before proceeding, be sure that EERemove.exe removed WIN-911 successfully. If EERemove Utiltiy hangs or stalls, it is recommended that the user exits the EERemove application from Task Manager and try again.
3. Open Control Panel > Programs & Features
4. Select SQL Server 2014 (64 bit) via Control Panel > Programs & Features and click Uninstall/Change.
Note: If you previously installed SQL Server 2017, then select Microsoft SQL Server 2017 (64-bit) instead. The rest of the instructions should remain the same.
5. Click Remove on the SQL Server 2014 or 2017 Window
6. On the Select Instance Window: Choose WIN-911 in the drop-down menu called Instance to remove features from and click Next.
8. On the Ready to Remove prompt – click Remove
9. On the Complete Window - click Close to close the window.
10. Open Windows File Explorer and browse to C:\program files\Microsoft SQL Server folder.
- Then manually delete the MSSQL12.WIN911 folder
NOTE: The WIN-911 Enterprise configuration is saved to this folder by default. If you plan on restoring from backup, then we highly recommend to copy & paste this folder to a temp location before deleting this folder.
If you followed these steps correctly, you should have successfully uninstalled WIN-911 Enterprise. You can now safely install a fresh copy of WIN-911 Standard, Interactive or Advanced license.