1. UCM6202 Guide For Devices Purchased From WIN-911
This setup guide is for users who purchase the Grandstream UCM6202 from WIN-911. If you did not purchase the UCM from WIN-911 then you will have to follow a different set of instructions.
If you purchased the UCM6202 from WIN-911, it has been pre-configured for use with WIN-911 with one phone line, however, you still need to configure a static IP address and change your default password.
The Grandstream UCM6202 VoIP PBX uses analog phone lines to place and receive phone calls. Since the device supports SIP (Session Initiation Protocol), it can be used by WIN-911 as an alternative to TAPI modems anywhere analog phone lines are available to make phone calls.
A 10-minute overview and configuration video is available on the WIN-911 Software YouTube channel.
Requirement: You must be running WIN-911 3.19.9 with the Voice Service Pack to use the Grandstream UCM6202.
WIN-911 interfaces with the UCM using a VoIP connection, the UCM then routes the call to the attached analog line. The UCM device must be on the same subnet as WIN-911 and does not require an internet connection.
A. Connecting the UCM6202
- Connect one end of an Ethernet cable into the WAN port of the UCM6202.
- Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable into the uplink port of an Ethernet switch/hub.
- Connect the 12V DC power adapter into the 12V DC power jack on the back of the UCM6202. Insert the main plug of the power adapter into an appropriate surge-protected AC power outlet.
- Wait for the UCM6202 to boot up. The front LCD display will show the UCM’s hardware information when the boot process is completed.
- Once the UCM6202 is successfully connected to your network via the WAN port, the Network LED indicator on the front of the device will be lit green, and an IP address will be shown on the LCD display. Take note of the IP address, you will need it to access the Web GUI.
- Connect your phone line from the wall jack to the FXO1 port. Do NOT use the FXS ports.
B. Accessing Web GUI
The UCM6202 is configured via a Web GUI interface after the UCM has booted, you should have an IP address that can be used to access the Web GUI.
1. Open a web browser and enter the IP address into the address bar in the following format: https://ipaddress:8089 (The IP address is displayed on the LCD screen of the UCM)
2. Depending on your browser, you may receive a warning about the security certificate. You can ignore this warning and continue to the website. Here is an example of the warning in IE.
3. After the portal loads, enter the default credentials.
Password: (see label on the bottom of the device for the default password)
4. You should now be logged into the Web GUI and you can begin configuring the device.
C. UCM6202 Configuration
The UCM has been pre-configured by WIN-911 with DHCP enabled but we strongly suggest setting a static IP address for the device.
If you don't want to set a static IP address, you can skip to the WIN-911 Configuration section. Please be aware that it is possible for an IP address to change when using DHCP.
You will need to work with your IT team to arrange a static IP address that can be assigned to the UCM, you may want to provide them with the MAC address in case it is needed to create the reservation. After the reservation has been created, follow the steps below.
Configure Static IP Address
- After logging in to the Web GUI, expand System Settings on the left and select Network Settings
- Change IP Method from DHCP to Static
- Using the information provided by your IT team, fill in the fields for IP Address, Subnet Mask, Gateway IP, and DNS Server 1
- Click the Save button on the top right and then click Apply Settings.
- You will be prompted to reboot the device, click OK and wait for the reboot to complete.
D. WIN-911 Configuration
E. General Settings
Select SIP/VoIP for Voice Hardware
- SIP Account Settings
- User ID: 1000
- Display Name: You can leave this empty as it is not used with the UCM.
- Enable Registration Required
- Registration ID: 1000
- Password: 123abc
- Bi-Directional Channels: 1
- Inbound Channels: 0
- Outbound Channels: 0
Server Address: Enter the IP address of the UCM6202
Leave the other settings at their default.
F. Audio Settings
F.1 Speech Synthesis
- Voice Selection: Select the text-to-speech engine WIN-911 will use to generate audio during phone calls. Text-to-speech engines vary depending on the Windows operating system.
- Speaking Rate Offset: Allows you to control the speed of the text-to-speech engine.
- Volume: Set the volume level of the text-to-speech engine playback.
Greeting Message: Custom greeting that will play at the beginning of all phone calls.
Codec: Auto Select
Click the button and return to the General tab.
G. Configure Phone Call Delay
In some environments, when placing back to back phone calls, it is possible for the UCM6202 to signal to WIN-911 that it is ready to accept the next call before it has disconnected from the analog phone line. When this occurs, the next call that is placed will fail. We've added a configurable delay that is placed between all phone calls. The delay is configured in the WIN-911 Voice Runtime configuration file. Use the instructions below to add a 10-second delay between calls.
- Browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\WIN-911 Software\WIN-911 Enterprise\Voice in File Explorer
- Open WIN911.Notifier.Voice.Runtime.exe.config in Notepad
- Find the <appSettings> section and paste the following key.
<add key="CallDelaySeconds" value="10"/>
- Save the config file and restart the WIN-911 Voice Runtime service
H. Test SIP Settings
Now that the UCM6202 and WIN-911 are set up, return to the WIN-911 Voice Gateway to place a test phone call.
- Click thebutton at the bottom of the General tab.
- Enter a phone number to dial.
- Click the button and WIN-911 will attempt to place a call. If the UCM accepts the call, a confirmation dialog will appear.
- Congratulations, you have successfully configured WIN-911 to use the Grandstream UCM6202.