1. WIN-911 Failing to Connect to Ethernet Cellular Modem After Reboot
This article will resolve an issue with WIN-911 when it fails to reconnect to the SMS modem after the server is rebooted. This is caused because the WIN-911 SMS Runtime is not releasing the port when the server is shutdown. The script is designed to stop the WIN-911 SMS Runtime during shutdown thus allowing it to reconnect at startup.
A. Access The .BAT File
You will require the STOPSMS.bat file, which should be on your computer but if it is not a copy of the file is attached at the bottom of this article. Add the shutdown script to the group policy by following these instructions
- Browse to C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy\Machine\Scripts\Shutdown
- Look for a file named StopWIN911SMSRuntime.bat
B. Add the shutdown script to the group policy.
- Copy this script to the following directory (Windows 10 & Server 2012 R2) - C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy\Machine\Scripts\Shutdown.
- Go to Start > Run and type gpedit.msc.
- On the left pane, go to Computer Configuration, Windows Settings, > Scripts (Startup/Shutdown), click Shutdown in the right pane.
- Click Add > Browse and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy\Machine\Scripts\Shutdown, select StopWIN911SMSRuntime.bat, click Open.
- Click OK on the popup window with the script name. Then click OK on the Shutdown Properties screen.