This article will resolve an issue when WIN-911 will not reconnect to the SMS modem after the server is rebooted. The reason is that WIN-911 SMS Runtime is not releasing the port when the server is shutdown. The script is designed to stop the WIN-911 SMS Runtime during shutdown thus allowing it to reconnect at startup.
Access The .BAT File
You will require the STOPSMS.bat file, which should be on your computer but if it is not a copy of the file is attached at the bottom of this article. Add the shutdown script to the group policy by following these instructions
1. Browse to C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy\Machine\Scripts\Shutdown
2. Look for a file named "StopWIN911SMSRuntime.bat"
Add the shutdown script to the group policy.
1. Copy this script to the following directory (Windows 10 & Server 2012 R2) - C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy\Machine\Scripts\Shutdown.
2. Go to Start, Run, type gpedit.msc.
3. On the left pane, go to Computer Configuration, Windows Settings, click Scripts (Startup/Shutdown), click Shutdown in the right pane.
4. Click Add, click Browse, navigate to C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy\Machine\Scripts\Shutdown, select StopWIN911SMSRuntime.bat, click Open.
5. Click OK on the popup window with the script name. Then click OK on the Shutdown Properties screen.
To start a support case, you will need your Maintenance Support number or your CD Tracking number. CLICK HERE to open a new support case or call toll free 512-326-1011 x3 in the US and Canada.