This article will discuss the steps required to make a connection to WIN-911 Standard, Interactive, or Advanced license using FactoryTalk A&E. It will also answer the question, "why am I not receiving alarms with FactoryTalk".
The FactoryTalk A&E configuration process discussed in this article is demonstrated in this short 7-minute video CLICK HERE.
1. Purchase the FT A&E add on. This step is required for WIN-911 to connect to FT A&E and is completed by sales.
2. Setup/Test connection to WIN-911 to FactoryTalk A&E.
- Name - identifies the connection to WIN-911.
- Description - is an optional field to describe the connection.
- Application Type - match the specific type of application to that of FactoryTalk
- Application Name - This must match the FactoryTalk application name as it appears in FactoryTalk.
- For example this Application Name is FTViewDemo.
- Test Connection - This button will validate the application, username and password.
- Good Quality Events Only - Select to ignore bad or uncertain quality alarms.
3. Open Services and set the following multiplexers to “Local System”.
- Rockwell Directory Multiplexer
- Rockwell Alarm Multiplexer
- Rockwell Events Multiplexer
Note after setting the multiplexers, it may require restarting World Wide Web Publishing services or FactoryTalk.
4. FactoryTalk A&E uses alarm subscriptions to bring alarms into WIN-911. Please note the text inside a filter is case sensitive.
- Groups – NEW!!! available on software release 3.19.5 or later
If you are not familiar with how to uses subscriptions, follow the instructions in this 9-minute video CLICK HERE.
5. Test your alarms using LogViewer. This is a troubleshooting tool that is included on any WIN-911 license.
- Start an alarm in FactoryTalk
- Open logviewer and check for alarms
- Did the alarm go to the strategy you expected?
- If no, then verify your subscriptions and subscription routes are correct.
- If the alarm appears in LogViewer and the Strategy says "Default" or "Notify All" this means all users in your WIN-911 configuration will be notified. If this behavior is not desired, then it is recommend to re-evaluated your subscriptions and routes. Verify there are not any typos and case sensitivity is correct.
To start a support case, you will need your Maintenance Support number or your CD Tracking number. CLICK HERE to open a new support case.