1. Failed to find GUI Hosts
This article will discuss how to fix the error "Failed to find GUI hosts" that may occur when opening the WIN-911 configurator. This error occurs if the WIN-911 have not been mapped.
1. Run ServiceActivator as Administrator
- If you are on version 4.X.X or higher of WIN-911 then skip to Step 2. If the first number in the release version is 3 or lower then follow the instructions listed. The following images demonstrate where to find your release version.
- If you are on 3.X.X or lower then you will need to open the ServiceActivator.exe file, which is located with the installation media where you originally installed WIN-911. If you are unable to find the ServiceActivator look in the Support folder.
2. Run the .exe file as an administrator and verify the output in the command prompt. The ServiceActivator is a utility tool that will connect to all WIN-911 modules and will give an OK to all WIN-911 modules that are installed on the system.
3. Next, run the WIN-911 Module Mapper. The Module Mapper will be found by searching in the WIN-911 Enterprise Folder or through the Start menu and clicking on the WIN-911 folder.
4. Click the check and choose to save.
If an issue occurs when running the module mapper open Services from in Windows and verify SQL Server (WIN911) is running.
It is also recommended to set this as Automatic startup.
Completing the module map will allow the WIN-911 configurator without the "Failed to Find GUI host" error message.