This document will guide you through the steps on how to configure SQL in order to run Win-911 Log Viewer under a different user account on the Win-911 Server.
Issue: Win-911 was installed as an Administrator account. When the Operators login and open Log Viewer, they receive an error.
Solution: The Windows user account must be added to the Win-911 SQL database and have sysadmin permissions.
1. Open SQL Server Management Tools via the Windows Start Menu with the Administrator account.
2. Right click on Security > New > Login
3. Click Search Next to the Login Name.
4. Click the "Advanced" button and then click "Find Now" to select the user account and then click "OK" and then click "OK" on the next window.
5. Switch to the Server Roles and enable sysadmin rights and click OK.
The operators can now login to the Win-911 Server and open the Win-911 Log Viewer to view alarms. If you are still experiencing a problem, please submit Support Ticket or contact Product Support at 512-326-1011 x3 or toll free in the US and Canada at 1-800-331-8740 x3