1. How to Run Log Viewer as a Different User
This document will guide you through the steps on how to configure SQL in order to run WIN-911 Log Viewer under a different user account on the WIN-911 Server.
WIN-911 was installed as an Administrator account. When the Operator's log-in and open Log Viewer, they receive an error: Unable to connect to SQL Server. Please check user account permissions and SQL status.
The Windows user account must be added to the Win-911 SQL database and be granted appropriate permissions.
1. Open SQL Server Management Tools via the Windows Start Menu with the Administrator account.
2. Right-click on Security > New > Login
3. Click Search next to the Login Name.
4. Click the Advanced button and then click Find Now to select the user account. Click OK and then click OK on the next window.
5. Switch to the Server Roles and enable sysadmin and click OK.
Following these steps correctly should allow the operators to log in to the WIN-911 Server and open the WIN-911 Log Viewer to view alarms.