WIN-911 includes a fully-functional 30-day demo license, equivalent to the WIN-911/PRO license. Permanent licenses are locked to a specific machine. For WIN-911 Software to generate a permanent license, the user must email the license request file to license@win911 or call to Manually Install a License.
Manually Completing the License Request Process
1. Locate your Scan&Alarm/TeleDAC executable. If the default installation location was used, this file will be located in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Specter Instruments\WIN-911 V7 or C:\Program Files\Specter Instruments\WIN-911 V7 if on a 32bit system.
2. Run the executable and the CopyShield Administrator screen will appear.
3. Select Request a License from the CopyShield Administrator screen.
4. The next page will ask you to fill out the user information section to the best of your ability. Hit next when you are finished with this first page.
5. Select Permanent as your license type and continue to the next page.
6. Enter your CD Tracking/Serial number in the box provided. If you are unsure of your Tracking number or need assistance finding it, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, 512-326-1011 x3 or toll free in the US and Canada at 1-800-331-8740 x3. Continue to the next page when done.
7. You will need to tie your license to a piece of hardware of your choice here, it is completely up to you to decide what hardware you want to tie the hardware to. WIN-911 does recommend tying your license to any hardware you are less likely to remove or change. For example, if the hard drive will never change, then this would be the best option to select to license. Continue to the next page when you have made your selection.
8. As the last part of the License Request process you will be provided with the location of the license request file as well as the CD Tracking number and Machine ID.
9. From here you can either send the license request file in to the License@win911.com or call 1-512-326-1011 x3 or toll free in the US and Canada at 1-800-331-8740 x3.
10a. If you have chosen to email the request, you will receive a .csl file to install your license file. Select Install a License, then Import a License File and navigate to the location where you put the csl file sent to you by the WIN911 Licensing team. Open that file and commit the license. Your license type should change to Permanent and status Licensed in the CopyShield Administrator.
10b. If you are calling in and asking Admin for assistance with your license you will select the Install a License then Manually Install a License.
11. Select Permanent as your License Type and hit next. You will enter your Tracking Number that was provided you or already in your possession and hit next again.
12. Choose a piece of hardware to tie your license to, WIN-911 recommends any hardware unlikely to be removed or replaced. Hit next when you've made your selection.
13. You will be provided with an Unlock Code to enter in the box provided. Select next when you are finished to commit the license.
If you are still experiencing any issues licensing WIN-911, please submit a support request or contact Product Support at 512-326-1011 x3 or toll free in the US and Canada at 1-800-331-8740 x3