1. Debug Logging
Debug logging is a tool that will show information in the Windows Event Viewer logs for each Win-911 Runtime service module. This can be useful for troubleshooting issues with a particular module or all at once. The Instructions will demonstrate how to enable debug mode for the Win-911 Email Runtime Module and you can apply these instructions to any Win-911 Runtime Module.
NOTE: At some point, you' will need to go back and turn debug mode off because it can take a lot of memory to store the files.
A. Steps to enable Debug Logging
1. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\WIN-911 Software\WIN-911 Enterprise. This will take you to folders of the modules you have installed, double click on the module you wish to diagnose.
2. Scroll down and find the (module).exe, it is the only file in there that is type:CONFIG. Right-click and open with Notepad.
3. With the file open, look towards the top (11th-row w/ word wrap disabled) you will find loggingFlags and it will need to be changed from Default to Debug.
NOTE: The syntax must remain the same, Debug must be within quotes and contain a capital D. With the changes made, click file > save and close.
4. With the changes saved, open your local services and restart that particular module.
NOTE: If you are diagnosing a data source, it is recommended that you restart World Wide Web Publishing Service.
When you restart the World Wide Web Publishing Service, you will be shown this warning screen.
5. Click OK, and wait for the Services to restart.
You will now see additional event logs in the Windows Event Viewer located under Applications and Services located on the WIN-911 Event log.