This document will guide you through steps for installing the latest 32 or 64 driver for MT9234MU-CDC-XR modem for Windows XP SP3 through Server 2016.
How to install the driver
1. Unzip MT9234MU_CDC_Drivers.zip to a temporary folder.
2. This will create 2 files
3. Open Device Manager
4. Under Ports (COM & LPT), Right click on the USB Serial Device and select Update Driver Software...
5. Choose to "Browse my computer for the driver Software and select your folder where the files extracted.
6. Click on the Browse button and Navigate to the path where your modem driver was extracted
7. This will install the driver, and you should receive a confirmation screen.
Results: You will now see the modem properly listed in Device Manager.
The new modem driver will now be installed. You can confirm this by viewing the properties of the modem in Device Manager. The driver date will show 10/5/2012
If you are still experiencing a problem, please submit Support Ticket or contact Product Support at 512-326-1011 x3 or toll free in the US and Canada at 1-800-331-8740 x3