The purpose of this document is to explain how to prevent the password popup from appearing when using WIN-911. This popup is part of the Internet Explorer (IE) Authentication configuration setting. Please note it is at the discretion of the WIN-911 system administrator to decide if they should apply these changes.
By default, your IE browser is prompting you for a username and password whenever you attempt to access WIN-911. IE can be set to automatically log in as the currently logged-in Windows user, a process that is often referred to as Single Sign-On or SSO. To enable or disable prompts, you will need to make changes to your browser configuration.
1. Open Internet Explorer, select the Internet Options menu item and open the Security tab of the popup window.
2. Click the Local intranet icon and then click the Sites button and a new window will open.
3. Click the Advanced Button and a new window will open.
4. Enter the WIN911 URL in the upper input box, click the Add button. Then enter a URL for http://localhost/WIN911 and click the Add button again. Then click the Close button and then click OK out of the previous window.
5. Select the Security tab at the top then select Custom Level again. Scroll down to User Authentication and select Automatic logon with current user name and password. When finished select Ok.
6. Select the Advanced tab at the top then select the box Enable Integrated Windows Authentication* and click Apply.
7. Restart Win-911 Workspaces for the changes to take effect. If you had to enable the checkbox in step 6 above, then you will have to restart your computer as indicated.