How to Stop the Password Popup
Step by Step Guide to Automate Windows Authentication for IE Login
The purpose of this document is to explain how to prevent the password popup from appearing when using WIN-911. Please note it is at the discretion of the WIN-911 system administrator to decide if they should apply these changes.
By default, your IE browser is prompting you for a username and password whenever you open the WIN-911 Workspace. IE can be set to automatically login into the console as the currently logged-in Windows user, a process that is often referred to as Single Sign-On or SSO. To enable or disable prompts, you will need to make changes to your browser configuration.
To enable or disable login prompts in Internet Explorer, do the following:
1. Open Internet Explorer, select the ‘Internet Options’ menu item and open the ‘Security’ tab of the popup window.
2. Click the “Local intranet” icon and then click the ‘Sites’ button and a new window will open.
3. Click the Advanced Button and a new window will open.
4. Enter the ‘WIN911’ URL in the upper input box, click the ‘Add’ button. Then enter a URL for ‘http://localhost/WIN911’ and click the ‘Add’ button again. Then click the ‘Close’ button and then click OK out of the previous window.
5. Restart Win-911 Workspaces for the changes to take effect.