1. Basic Tactics
The introduction of WIN-911 Advanced/Standard/Interactive brought with it a new design in the notification system. The use of Tactics and Strategies gives operators a robust application in notifying in the event of an alarm. However, not every system needs such a diverse plan for notification. Basic Tactics allow users to easily create and manage a simplified call-out list.
In the following section, you will learn how to create and maintain a Basic Tactic.
For additional information follow the instructions in the Basic Tactics Configuration Video
A. Creating a Basic Tactic
Open the WIN-911 Configuration from Start > WIN-911 > WIN-911 Configuration, or by hitting the Windows icon on your keyboard and search for WIN-911.
With the GUI open, navigate to Notification > Tactics > Basic. With the GUI open, you will see an explorer pane on the left side of the screen. This is where all your Basic Tactics will be available to edit and where to add more Basic Tactics.
Click the add icon to create a new Basic Tactic.
With the workspace open, you will see several options available to configure
- Name: User-defined name of the Basic Tactic
- Description: User-defined description of the Basic Tactic
- Delay Before Notification: The amount of time-delayed before beginning processing the list
- Repeats: How many time the list will repeat note: if the Stop Strategy condition is met, the list will stop
- Callout List: The list in which will get notified in the event of an alarm
1. Additional users can be added to the list using the add icon
2. Selected connections will be copied and added to the list using the copy icon
3. Selected connections can be moved up and down using the arrow icon
4. Selected connections can be deleted using the trash icon
To add users to the list, begin by clicking the add icon. That will bring up the Select Connections window.
- Select Connection: List of every available connection in your configuration
- Connection: The connection's user-defined name
- Type: An icon describing the type of connection (Voice, SMS, Mobile-911, E-Mail)
- Description: The connection's user-defined description
- Connection String: The connections notification string (phone #, Mobile-911 device ID, email address)
- Can Acknowledge: if empty, the user cannot acknowledge, if filled, the user can acknowledge (can be changed under the connection's definition > Ack Options)
- Roles: The connections user-defined role, if defined with one
- Retries: In the event of an unsuccessful notification, the system will retry the defined amount of times
- Delay Between Retries: With 1 or more retries defined, you can define the amount of delay before the system retries
- Delay After Connection: This will wait the defined time before it moves to the next connection
By clicking the check icon on the bottom right, you will add any selected connection, and assign them the defined Retries and Delays. With a connection(s) added, your workspace will look like something the below image.
With the desired users and delays in your Basic Tactic, you can save your changes and continue editing Strategies.
B. Maintaining Basic Tactic
Operators who wish to simply have access to the call-out list is to create a shortcut to the Basic Tactic workspace. The easiest method is to simply go back to the WIN-911 configuration and right-click and copy, then paste it to your Windows Desktop.
Right-click on the new Desktop icon and select Properties, this will bring up the General tab, from there you can name it something that will indicate what it is. Next, click the Web Document tab to change the web address. Open the original WIN-911 Configuration and navigate to the Basic Tactics workspace then Right-click the web address. Paste it into the URL field under the Web Document tab. If you wanted to make it clearer, you can click the Change Icon to make it more noticeable to users.
Apply the changes, and now you will have a page that goes directly to the Basic tactics workspace. Remember that this can be implemented to any of the workspaces