All WIN-911 users are defined in the Phone Book, along with their contact methods, access codes and schedule assignments. The below section will highlight how to configure a user, along with tips and tricks on configuring WIN-911
Phone Book Definition
By clicking on the Phone Book icon, a window showing all available operators will appear. If this is a new configuration, there will be a blank window. Here, you can edit existing operators, or create new.
Clicking "New" will open up a Name Definition. You can enter the users name in the field marked Name. If you are utilizing a Voice connection, you can also define the Name Sound. All users require an Access Code and an Acknowledge Code (note: It is recommended that these be unique from other the other users).
You can either click "New" to create a new notification method, or double-click an existing connection to edit it. Do either one will bring up the below screen.
The "Connection" is what particular notification method you are going to configure, WIN-911 offers the following:
- Alpha Pager - Utilizes a paging service to send alpha-numeric pages(note: requires additional hardware, dedicated analog phone-line)
- Voice - a phone call requiring users to enter their Access Code to access alarms, and entering in your Acknowledge Code to ack the alarm (note: requires additional hardware, dedicated analog phone-line)
- Voice Pager - Alarms will be dialed out to a telephone number. When the line is answered, WIN-911 will announce the current alarms and hang up.(note: requires Dialogic card, dedicated analog phone-line)
- Numeric Pager - Utilizes a paging service to send numeric pages (note: requires additional hardware, dedicated analog phone-line, does not support alpha characters)
- Local Alpha Pager - Using a local paging hub, you can send alpha-numeric pages to its included pagers.
- E-Mail - Requires an SMTP server to send E-Mail notifications
- Dial-out Announcer - Will dial a number and announce an alarm, normally used for a PA system or dial in radio (note: requires additional hardware, dedicated analog phone-line)
- SMS Message - Sends an SMS message including an alarm ticket number that can be responded to, and acknowledged (note: requires additional hardware)
- Mobile-911 - WIN-911's smartphone application, click here on information on how to setup
With a connection defined, you have the opportunity of adding delays if you should so choose to.
- "Number of retries" - If the event remains unacknowledged, the notification will occur again
- "Between Retries" - To add delay between the notification retry
- "Between same connection type" - This delay will delay the notification to the next user of the same connection, e.g. Voice to Voice, or E-Mail to E-Mail
With users created inside your WIN-911 Phone-Book, you can now add them to your Group Definition.
If you are still experiencing a problem or have questions, please submit Support Ticket or contact Product Support at 512-326-1011 x3 or toll free in the US and Canada at 1-800-331-8740 x3