1. Application Initialization 1.0 for IIS 7.5 Setup Wizard ended prematurely Issue
WIN-911 requires an Internet Information Services (IIS) feature called Application Initialization. In Windows 7 SP1 and Server 2008 R2, Application Initialization is not enabled in Windows Features/Roles, rather it must be installed separately. While installing Application Initialization, you may receive an error stating that the Setup Wizard ended prematurely with no other information.
The issue is caused by Microsoft Rollup Update KB3125574 which must be removed before you can successfully install Application Initialization.
Steps to Remove Update
- Open Programs and Features and select View installed updates.
- Use the search bar on the top right of the window to search for the update KB3125574.
- After locating the update, select it and click Uninstall in the toolbar.
- Once the uninstall completes, you must reboot Windows.
After the Windows reboots, you can install Application Initialization which will require another reboot.
With Application Initialization installed, you can reinstall the update you removed. You can either download the update directly from Microsoft or you can run Windows Update.