This article will discuss the licensing procedure for WIN-911 Standard, Interactive or Advanced license. If you do not have the software CLICK HERE to download. The software will run unlicensed for 30 days.
Licenses are processed by the WIN-911 license department from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CST Monday - Friday.
A three minute video of the licensing instructions is also available CLICK HERE.
Step-by-step Licensing Process
1. During the installation of WIN-911, a 3rd party license utility will be installed called Codemeter. This tool is used to manage the WIN-911 license.
2. On the machine which has WIN-911 installed, launch CodeMeter Control Center. You will find it under Start menu, under the CodeMeter folder or type "CodeMeter" in the Windows search bar.
3. Under the License tab, select the ‘WIN-911’ empty license container on the left-hand side of the screen. DO NOT select the ‘WIN-911 Demo’ container. If you do not have an empty container, there is one provided at the bottom of this article for you to drag and drop into CodeMeter.
4. Click the ‘Activate License’ button to launch the CodeMeter Field Activation ServiceCmFAS Assistant.
5. Click Next and then select the ‘Create license request’ option. Click Next once again.
6. Enter a name and select a file path and click 'Commit' to generate the request file. Please make note of the file location or save the file somewhere that is easy to remember.
7. Click the following link http://www.win911.com/win-911-license to upload the license file from the previous step (*.WibuCmRac). The licensing request will require the following information:
- Serial Number (Find your serial number CLICK HERE)
- End User Contact Information
- Phone Number
- SCADA Type
Please complete all required fields on the WIN-911 licensing form. Once your license is confirmed, WIN-911 Software will promptly issue a license installation file (*.WibuCmRaU) and email it to the address provided. The WIN-911 licensing department is open from 8:00am to 5:00pm CST Monday - Friday.
8. After you complete the request you will receive an email from WIN-911 with the license file. Copy the license file to the WIN-911 machine and launch the CodeMeter Control Center again.
9. Drag and drop the license installation file (*.WibuCmRaU) anywhere on the CodeMeter Control Center window.
10. Status will read ‘License Activated’
11. Delete the ‘WIN-911 Demo’ container by selecting it and clicking 'Remove License'.
12. You should now only have a single 'WIN-911' license container within CodeMeter Control Center.
***** IMPORTANT: To verify proper licensing, reboot the host machine, then check the Event Logger for any WIN-911 related errors. *****
Getting Started With WIN-911
The following is a list of recommended resources for getting started with WIN-911.
If you are still experiencing any issues licensing, please email email@example.com or call toll free in the US and Canada at 1-800-331-8740.