WIN-911 includes a fully-functional 30-day demo license, equivalent to the WIN-911/Advanced product. Permanent licenses are locked to a specific machine. In order for WIN-911 Software to generate a permanent license, the user must generate a license request file and submit it via the WIN-911 Licensing page at win911.com. Once your license is confirmed, WIN-911 Software will promptly issue the user a license file and send it via email to the address provided.
The step-by-step licensing process is as follows:
- During the installation of WIN-911, a 3rd party license utility will be installed called Codemeter. This tool is used to manage WIN-911's license.
- On the machine which has WIN-911 installed, launch CodeMeter Control Center. You will find it under Start menu, under the CodeMeter folder.
- Under the License tab, select the ‘WIN-911’ empty license container on the left-hand side of the screen. Make sure you DO NOT select the ‘WIN-911 Demo’ container.
- Click the ‘Activate License’ button to launch the CodeMeter Field Activation Service CmFAS Assistant.
- Click Next and then select the ‘Create license request’ option. Click Next once again.
- Enter the file path and filename you wish to give the license request and click 'Commit' to generate the request file. Please make note of the file location.
- Visit http://www.win911.com/win-911-license to upload the file (*.WibuCmRac). Please complete all required fields on the WIN-911 License Submit Form. Once your license is confirmed, WIN-911 Software will promptly issue a license installation file (*.WibuCmRaU) and email it to the address provided. The WIN-911 licensing department is open from 8:00am-5:00pm CST Monday - Friday.
- After transferring the license installation file to the machine which has WIN-911 installed, launch the CodeMeter Control Center once again.
- Drag and drop the license installation file (*.WibuCmRaU) anywhere on the CodeMeter Control Center window.
- Status should read ‘License Activated’
Delete the ‘WIN-911 Demo’ container by selecting it and clicking 'Remove License'. You should now only have a single 'WIN-911' license container within CodeMeter Control Center.
***** IMPORTANT: To verify proper licensing, reboot the host machine, then check the Event Logger for any WIN-911 related errors. *****
If you are still experiencing any issues licensing WIN-911, please submit a support request or contact Product Support at 512-326-1011 x3 or toll free in the US and Canada at 1-800-331-8740 x3