1. WIN-911 Licensing
This article will discuss the licensing procedure for the WIN-911. You can download the software and it will run unlicensed for 30 days. Licenses are processed by the WIN-911 license department from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CST Monday through Friday.
You can also watch a video for detailing WIN-911 Licensing.
A. Step-by-step Licensing Process
1. During the installation of WIN-911, a 3rd party license utility will be installed called Codemeter. This tool is used to manage the WIN-911 license.
2. On the machine which has WIN-911 installed, launch CodeMeter Control Center. You will find it under the Start menu, under the CodeMeter folder or type CodeMeter in the Windows search bar.
3. Under the License tab, select the WIN-911 empty license container on the left-hand side of the screen. DO NOT select the WIN-911 Demo container. If you do not have an empty container, there is one provided at the bottom of this article for you to drag and drop into CodeMeter.
4. Click the Activate License button to launch the CodeMeter Field Activation ServiceCmFAS Assistant.
5. Click Next and then select the Create license request option. Click Next once again.
6. Enter a name and select a file path and click Commit to generate a request file.
Important: Please make note of the file location or save the file somewhere that is easy to remember (such as your desktop). The file path shown here is just an example and your file path might vary by default.
7. You can use the WIN-911 License site to upload the license file from the previous step (*.WibuCmRac).
The licensing request will require the following information:
- Serial Number
- End-User Contact Information
- Phone Number
- SCADA Type
Complete all the required fields on the WIN-911 Licensing Form. Once your license is confirmed, WIN-911 Software will promptly issue a license installation file (*.WibuCmRaU) and email it to the address provided. The WIN-911 licensing department is open from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm CST Monday - Friday.
8. After you complete the request you will receive an email from WIN-911 with the license file. Copy the license file to the WIN-911 machine and launch the CodeMeter Control Center again.
9. Drag and drop the license installation file (*.WibuCmRaU) anywhere on the CodeMeter Control Center window.
10. The status will read License Activated
11. Delete the WIN-911 Demo container by selecting it and clicking Remove License.
12. You should now only have a single WIN-911 license container within CodeMeter Control Center.
It is important to verify proper licensing, reboot the host machine, then check the Event Logger for any WIN-911 related errors.
B. Getting Started With WIN-911
The following is a list of recommended resources for getting started with WIN-911.
To create a support case, you will need either your Maintenance Support number or your CD Tracking number. You can create a Case online or contact the product support line: (512)326-1011.